Tuesday, January 20, 2009

This is virtually one of the hardest blogs I've ever written...

So its been an AMAZING day. I have never felt so absolutely patriotic in my whole entire twenty years of living.
12:00pm ET Barack Hussein Obama became the PRESIDENT of the UNITED STATES OF AMERICA!
I've never been so proud to be a Black US citizen.....

Before I get deep on yall Imma get silly real quick lol...
I was GEEKED that my two favorites, ALICIA KEYS & JAY-Z, PERFORMED AT THE NEIGHBORHOOD BALL!!!!!!!!!!!!
OBAMA LIKES JAY-Z! I remember him saying & I thought to myself...damn this is gonna be a dope 4 yrs! lol
And did you peep his SWAGG???????? It was abosolutely INDESCRIBABLE! UNTOUCHABLE! IRREPLACEABLE! UNREACHABLE! AND BOMMMMMMMMMMMMB!!!! His walk was AMAZINNNNNNNNNG...
I wrote a short yet sweet letter to the President in my away message that I'd like to share in case you missed it....
It read:

Dear President Obama,

You are a PILF!

Love always,
Adrianna Mason
Los Angeles, CA

LMMFAO. I'm nuts I know....but JENN & ALEX was feelin me on that one! Lmao I'm just sayin if he wasn't happily married to a wonderful woman...he could get it lmao...enough of the ignorance...here we go...its mad emo so brace yourself...


I didn't cry November 4th, 2008 when the votes were counted & we were informed that the now President would be entering the White House. I only teared up...
But today I CRIED.
Friday I found out that the two main goals of graduating with an AA and transfering to a university this year weren't going to happen...
I cried at the thought of defeat feeling hopeless & embarrassed.
I almost felt like there's no way this was going to be able to even finish.
As I watched the Inauguration this morning at school I was really excited.
But when I got home to watch more & watch the balls, I was extremely touched.
It's all so surreal that this is happening in our world. Our COUNTRY. In my RACE.
A race that has been repressed, disrespected, discriminated against and hated for YEARS upon YEARS, is NOW in control of our WHOLE entire nation.
So as I realized today that if our people can go from slavery to presidency...
I can do ANYTHING with the strength of God & strong supporters.
I went from crying tears of disappointment a few days ago to crying tears of joy & inspiration.
I don't like telling people that I cried nor do I like to cry. But today was a day that I put that part of my pride aside for such a humbling moment of our generation.
My people have been through so much through the centuries.
And today marks a a historical, monumental, & breathtaking moment in my life & in American History.
I watched the Neighborhood Ball crying & ironically enough...doing my political science homework...
Thinking to myself...God if only my grandparents, aunt & uncle were here to witness it all. So I hold my head high today in their honor because I know its what they would be doing.
Sam Cook sang "Change is gonna come"
John Mayer sang "We keep on waiting, waiting, waiting on the world to change"
CHANGE is here.
I wish the best of luck and glorious blessings to the President, Vice President and their families.
I also thank him for putting hope back into our lives and inspiring us all to be a better version of ourselves.
I said a prayer asking God to lead & guide President Obama's mind, heart & soul through his entire term and that he and his family would be safe underneath the shield of the Lord's protection. That God would show him the way to lead this country to become a better nation. And that he would put faith into the hearts of those that doubt him.
Prayer changes. You just gotta believe...

I hope you all were as proud, amazed and overwhelmed as I was.
Thank you & goodnight.

No comments: